When discussing matters like such as recovering mis-sold PPI premiums, the absolute first thing to think about is “Am I Elligable to claim my ppi in the first place?”. Also, “Did I actually have ppi on any of my policy agreements in the first place?”
So, the first course of action is the check your agreements, check for any attached payments out for ppi, check to make sure that you have been making payments on a policy, and keeping those payments up to date. Either way, you should still be able to reclaim your ppi whether or not your payments are up to date, because you have still made previous payments out to the banks for a product you should not have been sold in the first place.
Making sure that you have the above points covered is pivotal to the next step, because you are now going to submit your claim. But before you do that, you must first select a good company that you can trust.
You eligibility (in a nutshell) is as follows:
- You MUST have had ppi on a policy and you MUST have been making payments into that policy
- You must also have actually taken out the loan, not just inquired about it
- You must be a UK resident (usually over the age of 18)
Your criteria for selecting a company should include the following different factors:
- The price that they will charge you once the claim has completed. This is important because this will be the fee that will be charged of you once the claim has finished
- The next thing you should look at is the actual service that is offered for the fee they are charging. Some companies only offer a remedial service, others offer a complete service. Choose one that offers a total ppi claims service to you.
Once you have all of these things taken care of, with all of your information gathered, it is then time to begin your claim. To do this, either call up the company that you wish to make your claim OR submit a claim using an online application form. This will get your details over to the company so that they can get started on your particular case.